Accounts e-mail HP

Today I learned/interesting/surpising things I know

Smallpox vs. largepox, early war vs. peaceful alliances... the AI is too tame? Discuss the best strategies!

Today I learned/interesting/surpising things I know

Postby morphles » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:57 pm

In a forum for other game I play we have topic "today I learned" where people post various peculiarities about the game (though its rogueike so maybe it has more of those), so I though maybe people here can post some insight into the game?

I'll start:

bouys do not see submarines, so watch out if you'r rellying on them to see if water is clear
morphles
Co-Admin of GT10-Hexmap

Re: Today I learned/interesting/surpising things I know

Postby Davide » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:42 pm

I didn't know that.
Also, with reference to the current GT08, in Civ2Civ3 ruleset buoys are required in deep ocean tiles to have offshore platforms yield out extra production from the water. [1]
Davide

Postby morphles » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:30 pm

Not strictly gameplay, but very good to know, and many people seem to not know:

you know how client crashes on tab completions (not for everyone though)? To avoid this you have to enter nick manually followed by colon, now the part that might be new:
you don't need to type full nick, shortes unique begging will sufice. Suppose theres only one player with nick begining z, all you need to do is type
z: <message>
and server will send to correct nick.

Hope that is helpful.
morphles
Co-Admin of GT10-Hexmap

Postby morphles » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:51 am

It seems map generators never place two specials on adjacient tiles. Which means there can only be 1 special per 4 tiles, which means default specials of 250 per 1000 is almost maximum. Realisticly 250 is a bit less than 1000, but differences between 500 and 1000 specials are quite hard to spot. This all means that gt9 is going with practically max density of specials.
morphles
Co-Admin of GT10-Hexmap

Postby monamipierrot » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:21 pm

morphles wrote:This all means that gt9 is going with practically max density of specials.

Uh, I should think: thanks to this limit. 4 out of 10 would be Lost Paradise, not Earth
monamipierrot
Co-Admin of GT01, GT10-Hex.

Return to Gameplay