Accounts e-mail HP

My Save File Editor

Smallpox vs. largepox, early war vs. peaceful alliances... the AI is too tame? Discuss the best strategies!

My Save File Editor

Postby GambitRicky » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:59 am

Hi all,
First, I am fully aware that there is no point in cheating an open source game so please don't start flaming...I coded this in the first place for my kids who find the single player player game way too hard to play.

Here is an http://www.titanium.hr/other/FreeCivSaveFileEditor.rar archive containing one exe and one dll.

There is no installer, just extract the archive into a folder and start the exe.
Currently only the gold and research are editable.
Upon save, no *.sav files are overwritten, instead a new uncompressed sav file is created e.g. freeciv-T0002-Y-3900-auto-edited.sav

Please don't bother me with stupid questions.
If you are afraid of downloading archived exe files do not download it or get yourself an anti virus!
GambitRicky

My Save File Editor

Postby syntron » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:45 am

GambitRicky wrote:Hi all,
First, I am fully aware that there is no point in cheating an open source game so please don't start flaming...I coded this in the first place for my kids who find the single player player game way too hard to play.

Here is an http://www.titanium.hr/other/FreeCivSaveFileEditor.rar archive containing one exe and one dll.

There is no installer, just extract the archive into a folder and start the exe.
Currently only the gold and research are editable.
Upon save, no *.sav files are overwritten, instead a new uncompressed sav file is created e.g. freeciv-T0002-Y-3900-auto-edited.sav

Please don't bother me with stupid questions.
If you are afraid of downloading archived exe files do not download it or get yourself an anti virus!

You know that this (and more) is possible with the build-in editor? Try freeciv 2.3.0 ...
syntron

My Save File Editor

Postby DoctorJLowe » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:27 pm

1) As an anti-flame, i always give thanks to those who make accessories for something i like. Producing something takes more involvement than using what others have produced.

2) That said, i hope you won't consider it a stupid question when i say you haven't mentioned what dependencies are needed by your editor or even what OS it uses. You're sure to get complaints like: "I can't get it to run on my Amiga!"
DoctorJLowe

My Save File Editor

Postby GambitRicky » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:59 am

DoctorJLowe wrote:2) That said, i hope you won't consider it a stupid question when i say you haven't mentioned what dependencies are needed by your editor or even what OS it uses. You're sure to get complaints like: "I can't get it to run on my Amiga!"

Yes you are right being a developer I forgot that not all have everything installed on their PC's. This is a .NET application for Windows and requires a .NET 4.0 installation. This framework should be already shipped with Win7 and I guess Vista. Here is a dl link http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17851

Not sure if it runs on Linux under mono or maybe wine. Other OS than windows is officially not supported :D
GambitRicky

Return to Gameplay