Accounts e-mail HP

Some questions

Smallpox vs. largepox, early war vs. peaceful alliances... the AI is too tame? Discuss the best strategies!

Some questions

Postby NoviceUser » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:30 am

Hi there,

I played some FreeCiv Single-Player-Games (with different versions... at the moment the most actual downloaded a few days ago) and there are still some questions. I'd be happy, if someone could give me an answer! [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

1) Is there a maximum City-Size? I were suprised, when first time one of my cities growed beyond size 20 (using democracy with high level luxury-production). Is there any positive effect after growing beyond size 20?

2) The layout of the Game changed. Difficult to describe (maybe you already checked, that english is not my native language...)... I was used to see the "chat" and the "message/news"-window below the window with the view over the active game. Using the new version it moved to the right margin and I don't know how to get it back to the bottom. When I try to move the window, it opens in an own window. Is there an option to get it back? By the way: The miniature map became "incomplete" getting its own scroll bars - is this normal?
I'm using Wndows XP, maybe thats the reason?

3) Apollo program doesn't have the effect, it should be. Is it a known bug? I used the "buy"-function to complete the production, maybe that's the reason?

4) When I attack cities without SAM Batteries or air units using aircrafts, I'm not successfull as is expected to be. Is there a special defense bonus?

Thank you very much!
NoviceUser

Some questions

Postby syntron » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:03 am

I will try to answer your questions but perhaps somebody else knows more ...

1) there is no maximum city size - it depends on the food available for the city. An effect of the city size is visible with the experimental ruleset (if you play freeciv 2.3.0 it is included). Else the effect will be that you have more taxman/scientists/...

2) it can be changed in the option tab; search for something like optimise for small displays

3) & 4) I'm not sure about this. As far as I know the rules did not changed.
syntron

Return to Gameplay