Accounts e-mail HP

Games of Freeciv

A scenario played on the grounds of the "Game of Thrones" - By XYZ

Re: Games of Freeciv

Postby XYZ » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:06 pm

Doucement Monsieur!

I'm glad to explain the specifics of this game that I offer. I even encourage you to do so like in my first comment.
The map is the matrix I'm using for building up the scenario, it's not going to be 100% that map but I will try to be as accurate as possible in translations many or some things get lost.
To your concerns me trying to get an unfair advantage: Have some faith, not all people are bad some just invest time in building for you a nice scenario and as I have proven in previous scenarios before (check the archive) I'm not a cheater and I create those scenarios for having fun not to win...
In an other post I asked if we could host another "normal" game so that you woudn't be forced to play my awfully complicated scenario full of rules to look up. As you mentioned it's free, but free is also responsability and that means engagement. So simply post under GT11 (the title says: "Setup phase. Have a nice concept? Propose yourself as administrator") your wish to host your own game.
And thats the main point why I prefer to offer the "full package" because my experience taught me that polls are only supported by an activ minority and that a good master-concept can be turned into a an ought crossbreeed. GT10 with two different games avoided that problem.
I'm pretty sure that there are enough people that want to play a normal GT game closely to the normal Freeciv just have some patience.

No bad blood!
XYZ
Contributor & Co-Admin

Postby Major Nimrod » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:13 pm

Sometimes I wish there was a "Like" or a "+1" button somewhere on the forums. Anyways, well said 8-)
"Big Brother is watching you" - George Orwell
"Shh! I'm Hunting Wabbits" - Elmer Fudd
"What a Nimrod" - Bugs Bunny

NIMMY
Major Nimrod
Contributor & Co-Admin

Postby ifaesfu » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:47 pm

Up to now, Greatturn has been launching a new game almost every month, so everyone has the opportunity to join different kind of games.
Also, everyone is free to publish the polls that can make a better game for everybody.
Players like XYZ sometimes make a scenario game to be played here. It is just another way of playing the game. What happens with it is that the settings are less adaptable by the players, as a scenario must have some "fixed" settings and even special rules in order to work properly.
You don't need to know anything about the history of Africa to play gt10 nor knowing about game of thrones to play gt11, though you may enjoy them more if you know them, of course.

Anyway, those players who don't want to play a scenario game can wait for a GT12 or another GT11 game, as it has been done with GT10 to content more players.
ifaesfu

Postby Lord P » Wed May 21, 2014 8:04 pm

Give me a huge horde of wildling/tribal swordsmen and archers with no cities (all unhomed so no economy needed) and I will see how far south I can get :)
Note; black watch garrison numbers should be accurately represented....

I think the biggest problem with such a scenario will be freezing the research and encouraging waring kingdoms. Otherwise it will just become Game of Nukes as usual.
Lord P

Postby XYZ » Wed May 21, 2014 10:16 pm

The Dothraki are already taken but theoratically I could give you controll over "the Others" :D ... Though there are still some nice kingdoms in Westeros... But glad if you join!

I think the biggest problem with such a scenario will be freezing the research and encouraging waring kingdoms. Otherwise it will just become Game of Nukes as usual.

Sciencebox will be high, it should solve that problem.
XYZ
Contributor & Co-Admin

Previous

Return to GT11