A scenario played on the grounds of the "Game of Thrones" - By XYZ

Re: Available Nations

Postby ifaesfu » Thu May 15, 2014 7:49 pm

Baratheon for me!
ifaesfu

Postby Major Nimrod » Sat May 17, 2014 4:30 pm

ifaesfu wrote:Baratheon for me!

Uh Oh ! The one true king has returned 8-)
"Big Brother is watching you" - George Orwell
"Shh! I'm Hunting Wabbits" - Elmer Fudd
"What a Nimrod" - Bugs Bunny

NIMMY
Major Nimrod
Contributor & Co-Admin

Postby el_perdedor » Sun May 18, 2014 10:38 pm

i think i would switch if nobody else wants to be on essos(or the name), the corsican i would take.
"bla bla blabla bla blaaa blabla!"
-el perdedor!!! 12.04.2014
el_perdedor

Postby Grendel » Mon May 19, 2014 2:37 am

I wanted to see if I understand things correctly. It looks like you are using just normal Freeciv nations and from your screenshots you have added GoT ruler names to each one? In a GT game the ruler names disappear and just become your user name. So it will just look like a basic Freeciv game with a GoT map? I'm guessing you chose those nations because the flags look like the GoT heraldry/flags?

If that is actually how it's going to work have to say it doesn't appeal to me. I think it would be better to make GoT nations, using flags from other nations if no flag art available. Maybe some collaboration to create the nations if you don't know how? Lists of ruler names and city names are 95% of the work. I'm not familiar with GoT at all beyond having played the boardgame once, but I could give it a go.
"Our words are backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!" —Gandhi
Grendel

Postby XYZ » Mon May 19, 2014 1:30 pm

Yes, I tried to find a flag that is closely as possible to the GoT flags. I already asked for the WWI scenario if it was possible to add other flags and the answer was that isn't possible or it would require some major and complicated changes to the game.

Every nations already has cities with the original names from this map http://quartermaester.info/ and I tried to get from the GoT wiki some impressions of how the cities should be. Also land scape and roads are as closely to the map as possible. I did a lot of manual editing...

Hope you join!
XYZ
Contributor & Co-Admin

Postby Grendel » Mon May 19, 2014 4:33 pm

Flags are covered by the client, so I could maybe make some files people could sub in. What about creating the nations though? Having the Palmyrenes vs. the Flemish vs. the Castillians etc. just won't do for me. :p
Grendel

Postby XYZ » Mon May 19, 2014 4:51 pm

Hehe, I like the dedication! I'm open for everything that helps. If you wanna take a look at the map I can give you acces to the private forum where Becket is helping out testing the scenario?
XYZ
Contributor & Co-Admin

Postby Giorgi Matradze » Wed May 21, 2014 10:50 pm

Hi(gh)!

What about Georgians? I would like to go by the name of Giorgi Matradze... but obviously I have to be assigned to one of the Ice and Fire nations! But which one?

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar
Giorgi Matradze

Postby Grendel » Fri May 23, 2014 4:16 am

XYZ wrote:If you wanna take a look at the map I can give you acces to the private forum where Becket is helping out testing the scenario?

Sure, I'll take it. Looks like I have a little more than a month to get this done. :) Could I get the name of at least one ruler for each nation though?
Grendel

Postby Evan » Fri May 23, 2014 4:47 am

Hi,
I registered on the Greatturn site for GT11 as the Polynesians, but I see here that I should choose a nation again, so I'll choose House Tyrell.
Actually, I haven't managed to work out how to play any Freeciv games online yet, but I love the game. This is the first time I've posted something on a forum, and I've never used chat before. I keep reading and trying to piece it all together. Everyone seems to be very familiar with all things to do with computers, the internet, and even programing, so I'm sure it must be very frustrating when people don't know what they are doing. Also, I would hate to join a game and ruin it for everybody else.
I have many, many questions, and still haven't finished reading everything, but I thought I should finish the registration process by choosing a Game of Thrones nation for GT11.
I'll post an annoyingly exhaustive list of specific questions once I've done the right thing and try and find the answers myself.
Thanks.
Evan

PreviousNext

Return to GT11