Accounts e-mail HP

Scenario of World Map With Cities

It's 5am again and you are still sitting in front of your computer and chatting with some tv's while watching a bloody duel? Welcome friend :)

Postby Inv » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:31 pm

Hi all,

I write to enquire regarding the existence of a scenario consistent with the following criteria:

1) based on the modern world map, whereby the projection does not matter; and
2) already has cities in real life built with corresponding correct geographical locations, e.g. in the island of UK, major cities like London, Liverpool etc. would be in the correct places.

I know in CivIII there are already such premade scenarios and players can just load it up and start playing.

Certainly, larger countries like USA or China would be substantial advantages, but it would be interesting to see how the AI fares will a smaller country.

Thank you for your attention. I look forward to your replies.
Inv

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:32 pm

it tried exactly that but the scenario editor is simply not good enough, only the largest maps can support such a world - additionally a new ruleset would be needed, giving ships much faster moving speed. The issue with the current freeciv editor, is that it's too basic and incomplete - it would need many more options to preset - right now i need to rumage around in the savefile to get some of the things i want done. The most basic thing, i ask is to set government other than the kludge method of set statue of liberty, go to govt menu, set statue of liberty for other civ.

i'm gonna try to use a bigger map this time, though.

Postby kinetic » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:01 am

Thanks to syntron, in 2.3.0 Freeciv will support maps up to 128,000 tiles (current is 30,000) and 128 players (current is 32). With this, one can create a map with every country in the world, as well as all the major cities.

Currently, you just have to decide which nation is more important to put on the map. And adding all the cities/units just takes alot of time. For any features that the editor is missing, please create a bugreport on [url=http://www.gna.org/projects/freeciv]http://www.gna.org/projects/freeciv[/url]
kinetic

Re: Scenario of World Map With Cities

Postby Topingklev » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:50 am

It is time for us to solve the problem now, please help.
Topingklev

Return to Community