Accounts e-mail HP

GreatTurn League

It's 5am again and you are still sitting in front of your computer and chatting with some tv's while watching a bloody duel? Welcome friend :)

Re: GreatTurn League

Postby el_perdedor » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:21 pm

also i didnt really read the post that are before mine.
have not the time. i will pay attetion from here on.
"bla bla blabla bla blaaa blabla!"
-el perdedor!!! 12.04.2014
el_perdedor

Postby Corbeau » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:56 pm

el_perdedor wrote:also i didnt really read the post that are before mine.
have not the time. i will pay attetion from here on.

:P

el_perdedor wrote:so my idea of the GT-League was more of a duels league.
The games will take about 60 turns, i think.
We can start at the same time more games.
A map for, say about 6-8 cities per side.

I don't really like the idea. For me, Civilization is something massive, with politics, diplomacy, alliances and cooperation taking up a lot of the game. This is more like chess so, basically, why not play chess then?

To the points
i would do 2 for win and 1 for losing

This is the same as 1 point for winning, 0 for losing. Not that it matters.

That of more players and the points will be distrubiet(or how ever it is written) depending the position each one got in the game. I like it, but more for a ranking in the usual GT games. And i would do the point starting from the last one. I.e. 8 players game, the one who ended last, 8th position, get 1 point. 7th position 2 points. 6th position 4 points. 5th position 8 points. And so on. That would it make more attractive to win bigger games. Perhaps, i have already some critic for this idea.

This is actually a good point; yes, someone winning a 10-player game should get less points than someone winning a 20 player game... but definitely not twice as much because that actually penalises someone for playing the "wrong" game... Ok, I'll think about it a bit...

Maybe do the middle of both? Let's see...

score1 = ( Rank + Number of players - 1 ) * 100/N
Meaning: in a 20 player game, 1st gets 100, last gets 5. This is adjusted so that each game is worth the same, regardless of how many players there are.

score2 = ( R + N - 1) * 100 / 20
This one is "normalised" for a game of 20 players (average? We could normalise it to some other number); if there are actually 20 players, 1st gets 100 points. If there are 30 players, 1st gets 150 points; if there are 10 players, 1st gets 50 points and so on.

The final score may be a sum of both, to make it a compromise. If you're interested in how it actually works, feel free to run simulations or trust others to calculate your score :D I could do a few examples later.

A variation may be to adjust the first formula, or make it a list, to stimulate being actually good, so that the first gets 120 points, second gets 105, third gets 95, fourth gets 90... or something like that (this is still added to the second formula for the final score).
Corbeau

Postby el_perdedor » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:27 pm

and how bout the new topic in the Great Turn space?

also how bout one Great Turn Duel League(GTDL) ;)
and Great Turn League(GTL)?
hehehehe

making it:
GTS(Great Turn Scenario)
GTD(Great Turn Default)(This one could be named GTR(great turn random) or GTC(Great Turn Classic) event better: GT(Great Turn)) not to be confused with:
GTDL(Great Turn Duel League) this one could be diferenced in GTDLC(Great Turn Duel League Continent) and GTDLI(Great Turn Duel League Island)
GTL(Great Turn League)

okay part of it sarcasm but still part of it serious.

:)
el_perdedor

Postby el_perdedor » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:28 pm

that with the score sounds fine for me
el_perdedor

Postby Major Nimrod » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:16 pm

This might be a slight digression on my part, but yesterday - for fun - I started up a 2.4 local game using the Civ2civ3 ruleset against AI.

No big deal, right ? Except for extra fun I gave every nation ALL techs and 5000 starting gold. Islands game.

So far, a fun experience. Only played 50 turns, but with that much money things get built fast. The AI already has Cruise Missiles, but isn't using them to attack. Interesting. No rapture growth means cities will still grow slowly, but war will come soon. I can't wait :)

Might be worth considering in a GT ladder wars game 8-)
"Big Brother is watching you" - George Orwell
"Shh! I'm Hunting Wabbits" - Elmer Fudd
"What a Nimrod" - Bugs Bunny

NIMMY
Major Nimrod
Contributor & Co-Admin

Postby Corbeau » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:03 pm

We don't do Ladda' Wars 'ere, boy.

*spits tobacco*
Corbeau