Accounts e-mail HP

WWI scenario redux

(not a real poll. Only to see how much people are interested)

I'm in!
86%
Still in!
14%

Total votes : 7

WWI scenario redux

Postby XYZ » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:39 pm

As previously mentioned Nimmrod and I would like to play again the WWI scenario. I would make several changes including introducing a similar alliance system like in GT colonial Africa, introducing ai controlled minorities, change borders/eliminate some nations and reform the buggish trade system.
XYZ
Contributor & Co-Admin

Re: WWI scenario redux

Postby Corbeau » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:49 pm

Oh, what the hell. My first thought was, hell, this is not Civilization, I don't want to play that. Then I realised that Civilization is not the only game I like playing. So, yeah, let's play WWI. I only need to decide if I want to play Austria-Hungary or Russia.

Are alliances predetermined (with the possibility for players to change them - or not) or it's free-for-all? Because if it's the latter, then, apart from not being Civilization, it's not WWI either.
Corbeau

Postby XYZ » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:19 pm

You can download the map from here if you want: download/file.php?id=155

I thought more about an alternative history with the question "what would have happened if..." but with preconditions of 1900. Contrarily to GT Africa we edited cities and nations so action is programmed from the beginning (also lots of units based on military data from that time). The final reason why I prefer a mulifocal game with many small blocks over a game with 2 blocks is, that the Entente would be simply too strong. Also people didn't really care about being in the Entente or the Central Powers when we played it the first time, they simply didn't feel responisble because they didnt take the decision to join the block.
XYZ
Contributor & Co-Admin

Postby thegrime » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:43 pm

GT7 was my first GT and I can say without a doubt it was epic, both times.

I'd gladly play it again, if I had the time!
--= the Grime =--

That is all.
thegrime

Postby morphles » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:27 pm

Non random scenario, I'm out :) But no option for that.
morphles
Co-Admin of GT10-Hexmap

Postby XYZ » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:24 pm

Therefore I'm pledging for 2 games. One scenario, one random.
XYZ
Contributor & Co-Admin

Postby chill » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:16 am

Count me in!
chill

Postby Evan » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:32 am

Sounds Great.
Will the nations be randomly assigned? I think that would be good, if it's possible. It would make for a more interesting game if everybody had to adapt their playing style to the circumstances they find themself in, rather than choosing a nation that they think would suit their playing style and strengths, which tends to more repetitive play.
If we're only going to start one game at first, and it turns out it's this WWI scenario, then maybe it would be good for people who might be interested in GT but aren't sure about a scenario game if we could say a random game was starting a week after that once the servers were checked, etc. Also, it has probably been discussed already, but could newcomers be assigned to AI nations after the game has started? That would be a really awesome way to get new players.
Evan

Postby XYZ » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:32 pm

I agree, let's postpone the scenario. Scenarios work best with many player, right now I only see a few who are really interested. Meanwhile a random game can be played with less than 10 players. But someone should push that random game forward. Morphles? I would suggest a consensus game like GT 9 with not too radical options.
XYZ
Contributor & Co-Admin

Postby morphles » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:25 pm

Oh I'm always for random games :)
I wouldn't change too much. Would like general setup similar to gt hex, that I organized, of without hex, cause people do not like that much :). Main things - explorer vision 2, channel base, low specials, if people agree at least somewhat "marginal" settings for climate, I liked hex game, though I think some people found it too extreme. Also I changed my mind on map generator, I'm now favoring fully random height over fractal. Those are my ideas, but I can do random game pushing ether way :)
morphles
Co-Admin of GT10-Hexmap

Next

Return to Polls