Accounts e-mail HP

[morphles game] Some remaining issues

User hosted games

Re: [morphles game] Some remaining issues

Postby morphles » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:04 pm

Test game is running, corbeau and evan please play a bit;) 12 hour turns. I sent you login info in privmsgs. Hope to get at least 10 turns before real thing. Also disabling buildings/unit upkeep on lost tech is not done. But it might get done as we progress.

Man it's pain to setup... But maybe devs will give some advice some time.
morphles
Co-Admin of GT10-Hexmap

Postby morphles » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:57 pm

So I looked a bit into increasing upkeep for units whose tech you lost. Surprise surprise, it is not possible using ruleset. But maybe I'll be able to clober something up using lua. If what I'm thinking will work, it should be even simpler in the end. Will see though, plenty of limitations crop up in freeciv...
morphles
Co-Admin of GT10-Hexmap

Postby morphles » Wed May 06, 2015 10:57 am

So nobody connecting anymore, and nobody talking?

Anyway you can officially collect people and I'll start game next week, not sure on which day though. I'll try writing kinda proper/official intro to game, though evan said he would help with that.

Also we must decide fow wonder count for victory. As I said I think 3 or 4 at most would be best, likely 3 is very good. But as I said Corbeau you can decide on one of those numbers.

I'll likely take down test game today or tomorrow, and practice on starting game :) as that was pain. So that I could do it as efficiently as possible on real game.
morphles
Co-Admin of GT10-Hexmap

Postby Corbeau » Wed May 06, 2015 11:32 pm

All waiting :) And when you announce the date, make it at least 4 days ahead, possibly more. A week would be best.
Corbeau

Postby morphles » Thu May 07, 2015 8:28 am

Ok. Could you list some additional names of players that you expect to participate? So that I could create accounts for them and test for good ways to start/setup game. Since as I said the way I started mini game, was kinda, well stupid :)
morphles
Co-Admin of GT10-Hexmap

Postby Corbeau » Thu May 07, 2015 10:56 am

I sent emails to some friends, some of them played GT09 and 10. I remember Rango confirmed, not sure about the others.
Corbeau

Postby el_perdedor » Mon May 11, 2015 1:06 pm

hi,

im in too, if u want i could also test it, send the log in info...
sounds cool what you are doing.

greetings
"bla bla blabla bla blaaa blabla!"
-el perdedor!!! 12.04.2014
el_perdedor

Postby morphles » Thu May 14, 2015 7:44 pm

Well in game testing is done. So there is no need to do that anymore :)

Lets set start date to be "May 25". I still need to work on game start and continent check. But I should be able to do this. Having deadline will make it more likely to happen :) even though I get busy quite often. Worst case people start where they start whatever the continent distribution might be, maybe not too bad. I'll try to write introduction over weekend and post in separate thread. You can officially register by sending private message to me, if you want you can write desired pass (obviously nothing you use for anything serious), or I'll come up with one for you.

So yeah let the game begin?! :)
morphles
Co-Admin of GT10-Hexmap

Postby Evan » Sat May 16, 2015 10:11 am

Morphles, I fixed up those notes I sent you on the differences between your game and LT34.

I'll add to it, and can paste it over to the new intro/summary topic.
Obviously this is a suplemental introduction. The main differences are more significant.

Originally I'd intended this to be for those new players coming over from LT34. Some are just differences between GT and LT in general, whereas others are specific to LT34, and to this GT mini-game of yours. LT has many changes to the basic civ2civ3.

It can be edited, and I'm sure I've forgotten things. I've avoided things you've already mentioned.
Explaining additional differences to the LT tech tree, other than the ones you've mentioned was a bit beyond me, if there are any.

They're not in any particular order:

Tech Penalty for changing tech is 100%. (LT34 = 0%, but other LT games have had it on)
Archers don't ignore ZOC, and have 3/1/2 (cf. LT 3/2/3)
Diplomats cost 20, and spies cost 50. (in LT34 both are 30)
Diplchance (chance for diplomats to succeed)= 80, LT34 = 40
Tired attack is off. In LT34 it was on.
You need a manufacturing plant to build two slots. (LT34=3 already, and 4 with plant)
Upgrade/autoupgrade veteran_loss = 1 veteran level lost when upgrading a unit (LT34=0) I think I read on the wiki that this is something new with the 2.5 version.
Hills=4MP; Jungle, Swamp and Forest =2MP (LT34 = 4MP for all of them)
Immediate free tech is cheapest/earliest, not next in tech goal queue.
Citymindist = 3 (cf.LT=5)
Standard freeciv city tile size (radius_sq_city=5) (cf. LT=15)
Triemes can use rivers. (LT34 no)
Evan

Previous

Return to Mini-Games