Accounts e-mail HP

new FreeCiv mod development - NExtended

Contribute and discuss maps, scenarios, rulesets or modpacks here.

new FreeCiv mod development - NExtended

Postby ngunjaca » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:37 pm

Hello freeciv fans. Just to let you know that over at the freeciv forum i am posting development of a new FREECIV mod. First version can already be downloadwd and it includes only the tribal age (the mod should have all ages and currently i am working on the ancient ages).
I will try to post development status also on this forum if there are interested people.
Anyway the link is
http://forum.freeciv.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=132/
ngunjaca

Re: new FreeCiv mod development - NExtended

Postby Davide » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:55 pm

Cool graphics!
I think the leather clothing is indeed more appropriate than the default red or blue. But will it be enough contrasting with the terrain color?

Also, I never understood how one can paint such small graphics. If I try to zoom in a 15x15 pixels image over the full width of my screen, I just lose the meaning of the image.
Attachments
Tribal Units All.png
Tribal Units All.png (22.2 KiB) Viewed 2579 times
Davide

Re: new FreeCiv mod development - NExtended

Postby ngunjaca » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:51 pm

If you use the amplio2 tileset where most colors are green the gfx actually look fine. And yes painting such gfx is sometimes difficult and it is old school pixel painting. You paint pixel as if you are making lego. To be honest it can also be addictive because you always try different pixel combinations to see which is the best fit.
Glad you like it. Soon i will finish the units set for the ancient era.
ngunjaca

Return to Maps, rulesets and modpacks