Accounts e-mail HP

Soundtracks Contest (for replay)

Contribute, display and discuss art and tilesets for use in Freeciv here.

Soundtracks Contest (for replay)

Postby Davide » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:07 am

What do you think if here we collect a list of potential future soundtracks that will be played along video replays? All the best proposed musics will be added to the "soundtracks pool" from where one of them will be randomly picked up each time a replay is composed.
When we'll have collected a few propositions, I'll open a poll to vote for the bests!

The only indispensable requirement for tracks is to be at least 180 seconds long (each second carries 1 turn of replay); of course, if the music is longer, it's better :)

After this, I think that soundtracks should be culturally and technically unrelated to any specific geographical location or epoch. For example, I'd exclude genres like tribal, celtic, computer music, orchestra, or anything with spoken voice which clearly identifies a specific language.

Then, it's up to your preference!

At the moment we have:
Last edited by Davide on Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davide

Re: Soundtracks Contest (for replay)

Postby Keysersoze » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:16 am

Keysersoze

Re: Soundtracks Contest (for replay)

Postby Davide » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:47 am

That music is great! It's slightly leaned toward a futuristic feeling, but it also draws to fantasy some "timeless" space.
Adding it now.

Edit:
I added all the musics listed in the thread to the replay music pool. By now, one of them will be automatically chosen randomly from the pool to accompany the video each time a replay is generated :-)
Davide

Return to Art and tilesets