Accounts e-mail HP

Custom nation colours

What would you like to see in Freeciv? Do you have a good idea what should be improved or how?

Custom nation colours

Postby monamipierrot » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:20 pm

Actually, two different and maybe non-compatible wishes:
1. One player may choose his coulour before the beginning of the game. Teams could choose shades of the same colour
1.a Why don't make team shades an automatic beahviour? (Team A shades of red, Team B shades of green and so on.)
2. MORE IMPORTANT In each moment, from the intelligence pane a player may choose which colour to represent each of the other players, in order to keep chromatical order between friends, foes, allies and so on, and have a instant glance of the geopolitcal situation in a map.
monamipierrot
Co-Admin of GT01, GT10-Hex.

Re: Custom nation colours

Postby Davide » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:01 pm

I have a good and a less good answer for you :D
Custom player colors will be selectable from the next version of freeciv, 2.4.0. I haven't yet looked at the details of this (major) feature, but it should be possible to preselect every shade of color, before the game starts.
However, in the current implementation colors are established globally by the server for every player and there is no infrastructure to "alter their perception" on a per-user base.
Davide

Re: Custom nation colours

Postby Jatooneng » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:09 am

I do not see how bad it is, then it is doing.
Jatooneng

Return to Wishlist