Accounts e-mail HP

Abolish Sea and Continent Identification Number

What would you like to see in Freeciv? Do you have a good idea what should be improved or how?

Re: Abolish Sea and Continent Identification Number

Postby xontastic » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:51 pm

Why to have hidden nations? They will be normal, but u will see only in F3 that polish_ruler is ruling polish, or in chat that user53 has connected from freeciv.org (if not player ) or polish_ruler has connected from 127.0.0.1 or something like that.

And why to hide city names ? Top5 cities could be faked easily eg. to hide cities size and names.
xontastic

Postby Davide » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:15 pm

In the untold paradigm of Greatturn there is a kind of features-customizing patches which for their nature must remain bordered within individual instances of the games, without being integrated in the mainline GT.
Examples of mainline features are in-server authentication, 4 hours connection limits, etc, which are generally accepted by our users and so they should be part of the GT core features.
I think that the nations-anonymizing feature (by now NAF) fluctuates on individual's likes, and while some players like it, I can safely tell others will not, not because this feature doesn't reach some minimal quality level, but because in Greatturn users' likes are extremely variegated.

In cases like this, the solution would be simply to place the proposed feature as a per-match votable option along all the other polls. However, since NAF would break out of per-match scope requiring website-wide modifications, and since the website serves all the running GT games, no matter what their settings are, NAF is not compatible with GT.
Davide

Postby monamipierrot » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:24 pm

Davide wrote:In the untold paradigm of Greatturn there is a kind of features-customizing patches which for their nature must remain bordered within individual instances of the games, without being integrated in the mainline GT.
Examples of mainline features are in-server authentication, 4 hours connection limits, etc, which are generally accepted by our users and so they should be part of the GT core features.
I think that the nations-anonymizing feature (by now NAF) fluctuates on individual's likes, and while some players like it, I can safely tell others will not, not because this feature doesn't reach some minimal quality level, but because in Greatturn users' likes are extremely variegated.

In cases like this, the solution would be simply to place the proposed feature as a per-match votable option along all the other polls. However, since NAF would break out of per-match scope requiring website-wide modifications, and since the website serves all the running GT games, no matter what their settings are, NAF is not compatible with GT.

You're right. I was thinking that by hiding nations it would be also difficoult to guess who is in war with who and so on.
But maybe hiding users is the best thibg.
monamipierrot
Co-Admin of GT01, GT10-Hex.

Previous

Return to Wishlist