Accounts e-mail HP

Cycling Objects

What would you like to see in Freeciv? Do you have a good idea what should be improved or how?

Cycling Objects

Postby orms » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:00 pm

Apologies if this function already exists, but I have checked the manual / keyboard shortcuts and cannot find any such function.

i would like the following abilities:

1. Cycle through City locations I often like to look at the area around each city during every turn. i know I can sentry a unit who will awaken, but I like to cycle through each city quickly in the VIEW window. maybe some keyboard shortcut?

2. Maybe a similar keyboard shortcut will allow us to go to the capital of each nation (if known of course). Each nation is given a number any way and maybe a shortcut to quickly go to that location. of course, the number will have to be 2-digit based (02,11 etc).

3. In Age of Empires, you can click on a unit or units and give them a group number (select them, press CTRL + n where n is a group number from 1-9. The ability to select an enemies individual unit in the same manner would be helpful. If any group/unit is killed/disbanded, then a message could be received and even a selected groups window be available?

Zone Flags
I have read previous wishlist items and another request was on similar lines, but i would like to be able to flag a location (again maybe 1-9) to quickly go to that location.
orms

Re: Cycling Objects

Postby monamipierrot » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:05 pm

orms wrote:1. Cycle through City locations I often like to look at the area around each city during every turn. i know I can sentry a unit who will awaken, but I like to cycle through each city quickly in the VIEW window. maybe some keyboard shortcut?

You can open a city window, put it in a corner of your freeciv window, and cycle with the arrows. It should center the view, doesn't it?
monamipierrot
Co-Admin of GT01, GT10-Hex.

Return to Wishlist