Accounts e-mail HP

A bit of a mess with PayPal processing donations

Can you help improve your favourite game? Hardcore C mages, talented artists, and players with any level of experience are welcome!

A bit of a mess with PayPal processing donations

Postby Davide » Mon May 27, 2013 12:45 am

Working on the donations section of Greatturn, I think I crushed my head into a somewhat undiscovered bug while digging in the darkest caves of PayPal's backend processing API. Actually, the PayPal API replies with terribly corrupted responses to my terribly twisted requests, which might kinda make sense.

However, the details of this secret have been disclosed here for who feels brave enough to risk his mind to help :)
Davide

Re: A bit of a mess with PayPal processing donations

Postby Davide » Mon May 27, 2013 5:22 pm

The bug has been confirmed by PayPal (reference).

Now, I just hate them. I wonder why I always have to spot other's bugs whenever I do something.

Edit:
Interestingly, PayPal plays its profitable game at filtering which information is allowed to seep out to the public web and which one must rather remain a private secret. Deleting my previously linked reference to their public admittance of the bug I discovered is evidently part of their information filter: they just deleted their whole forum thread. But, don't divulge this around - let's keep it a secret and continue dreaming that their enchanting blue logo and their benevolent marketing policies are what most closely resembles celestial perfection.
Davide

Return to Contribution