Accounts e-mail HP

Viewing terrain not working

You can get help here for any kind of problem ranging from Freeciv to the website.

Postby spin0 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:49 pm

alt + left clicking on the terrain does nothing for me, nor does holding down the middle button of my synaptics trackpoint (which works as middle button elsewhere). Actually, alt+left lets me move the window while holding them down on the terrain and moving the pointer, which doesn't work without alt.

Could this be because of the GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=1? I'm running Lubuntu 11.10. and everything else works fine and alt does the right thing elsewhere.

As it is, I have no way to view terrain info, except maybe with an external mouse.
spin0

Postby Davide » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:41 pm

X window defaults to treat left+right buttons click as a middle one, as long as it doesn't detect a press from a physical mid button.
[b]Quote:[/b]
Actually, alt+left lets me move the window while holding them down on the terrain and moving the pointer[/quote] This seems to be a general behavior on windows.
Davide

Postby spin0 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:42 pm

Thanks, Davide, left + right button does the trick. I didn't know about that one, nor moving windows with alt and mouse drag, which is a useful trick as well.

I guess the problem was just me being a noob again. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
spin0

Return to General tech support