Accounts e-mail HP

uninstall on a mac

You can get help here for any kind of problem ranging from Freeciv to the website.

uninstall on a mac

Postby bubs » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:29 pm

How do I uninstall freeciv on a mac? I installed both the gtk2 and the SDL and only the SDL version works so I want to delete the other. But I don't know how...

I'm using snow leopard 10.6.4 and it was freeciv2.2.2
bubs

uninstall on a mac

Postby wasbubs » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:34 pm

this thread is mine... I posted this before I registered. and I wanted to subscribe to this thread so I get notified when someone responds..
wasbubs

uninstall on a mac

Postby Whatstheanwser » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:19 am

So what's the answer. How do you uninstall this game from OSX?
Whatstheanwser

uninstall on a mac

Postby Cammm » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:21 pm

I too would like a good answer to this. The Pkg file obviously makes some modifications outside of the contained app, so some info would be appreciated devs!
Cammm

uninstall on a mac

Postby saltybanana » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:47 pm

To uninstall Freeciv, do this:

1. Remove all contents of the /opt/com.bitaxisfolder from your computer.
2. Remove the Freeciv (GTK2)(or SDL) application.
3. If you are tired of Freeciv and want to get rid of all traces of it, then you'll also want to open the Terminal application, and execute these commands: Code: rm -rf .freeciv
rm -f .freeciv-client-rc-2.2

The SDL version shares code with the GTK2 version. So doing #1 will break all versions that write their contents into /opt/com.bitaxis. So, you will need to re-install the version you desire.

I am curious as to why the GTK version does not work for you on Snow Leopard. Would you please try the latest package and let me know how it goes? Specifically I would like to know any errors that might get logged in the Console application.

Thanks!
saltybanana

uninstall on a mac

Postby beterhans » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:31 am

saltybanana wrote:To uninstall Freeciv, do this:

1. Remove all contents of the /opt/com.bitaxisfolder from your computer.
2. Remove the Freeciv (GTK2)(or SDL) application.
3. If you are tired of Freeciv and want to get rid of all traces of it, then you'll also want to open the Terminal application, and execute these commands: Code: rm -rf .freeciv
rm -f .freeciv-client-rc-2.2

The SDL version shares code with the GTK2 version. So doing #1 will break all versions that write their contents into /opt/com.bitaxis. So, you will need to re-install the version you desire.

I am curious as to why the GTK version does not work for you on Snow Leopard. Would you please try the latest package and let me know how it goes? Specifically I would like to know any errors that might get logged in the Console application.

Thanks!

Thank you finally got my answer
beterhans

Return to General tech support