Accounts e-mail HP

What Silence!

Various topics about the game, the website, or anything else Freeciv related that doesn't fit elsewhere.

What Silence!

Postby Chlodion » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:35 pm

I am bewildered by the silence here since Nov 09.
What gives?
Last edited by Chlodion on Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chlodion

Re: What Silence!

Postby thegrime » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:09 am

For me, not enough time to do anything on the site, unfortunately. I'm going to start delegating roles to those that take interest in doing things -- for example the backend code of the site (i.e. the part that plays games) is in desperate need of a refresh. Morpheles offered, and I had interest before. I don't know if either are still interested and what they need to refresh it.

So if anybody has any technical skills and inclination to work on the site, let me know!
--= the Grime =--

That is all.
thegrime

Postby morphles » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:42 pm

Well first I have to see that code to know how much I could do. I would probably wouldn't be too swift but I probably could dedicate about 1-3 hours a week for checking on that code (ofc it is that terrible I might loose interst, OTOH seing that it would be a bit different from what I usually do, I might gain interest :) ). It would be nice if there were some repo to check stuff out. One then could build something like lxc container with everything set up to use on server.

So as I said, I'm not burning for that, but I would like to see the code and see what I can do to help.
morphles
Co-Admin of GT10-Hexmap

Postby Chlodion » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:10 pm

Aaah... So the Forum is still alive... Thank God & TheGrime. :roll:
Chlodion

Postby Corbeau » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:07 pm

How difficult would it be to start up the server and the game without the code linking it to the site?

I mean, let's just play, we can do the details later :)
Corbeau

Postby thegrime » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:37 pm

That's a good question, Corbeau. Right now the limitation is the dependency of the code on the virtual server setup. However, for a single game, it might be possible to set it without that. I'll do some investigating and come back with a definitive answer this week.

And I agree, the only way back for Greatturn is to start playing some games!
--= the Grime =--

That is all.
thegrime

Return to General discussion