Accounts e-mail HP

A couple of extentions to the website

Various topics about the game, the website, or anything else Freeciv related that doesn't fit elsewhere.

A couple of extentions to the website

Postby Davide » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:17 am

I took two minor improvements to the Greatturn website which will make it slightly more sophisticated and comfortable.

The first one: in the user's account page there's a new small toolbox to control email filtering. It allows to choose which emails you wish to receive from GT and to filter incoming worthless emails such as notifications of newly-listed matches starting soon or, anyway, anything of secondary importance which doesn't concern your own games.

The second one: I added support for Bitcoins in the donations page. This will allow for 0% transaction fees and will symbolize that the incessant growth of the Bitcoin market has reached the far lands of Greatturn.
I'm not acquainted with Bitcoins and I have not tested the donations setup yet, but it ought to work.
Davide

Re: A couple of extentions to the website

Postby Major Nimrod » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:57 pm

Nice work. I'll be checking out the email filtering on the accounts page shortly.

As for Bitcoins, they've cetainly come a long way!

Did you hear about the fellow that, a few years ago, started testing them - so he bought a few thousand ultra cheap - and then recently found out that his stash was worth over a million USD$ ? He lost it because it was in a backup drive that ended up in a garbage dump.
"Big Brother is watching you" - George Orwell
"Shh! I'm Hunting Wabbits" - Elmer Fudd
"What a Nimrod" - Bugs Bunny

NIMMY
Major Nimrod
Contributor & Co-Admin

Re: A couple of extentions to the website

Postby Davide » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:36 pm

Nobody ever imagined how high Bitcoin could reach.
I'd try myself to put a hundred euros in there and sell off by April or so. I guess that when the Bitcoin market will get saturated and no more investors will approach to buy new coins in exchange of traditional currencies, the value of bitcoins could suddenly collapse if the BTC/USD exchange rate is being artificially risen above its "real" (cost of coins production) value, and I suspect this is the case since the mining complexity isn't rising proportionally with the value of coins.
Davide

Return to General discussion