Accounts e-mail HP

Problems with alliances[& probably some other civ problems]

Anything about Greatturn in general, not related to a specific match.

Re: Problems with alliances[& probably some other civ proble

Postby monamipierrot » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:38 pm

morphles wrote:People who do not play to win get on my nerves. You wasting everyones time. At least thats my opinion. You might not expect to win due to your skill or some such, but to not try to win... is despicable.

I would not be this radical.
Let's see this as a Marathon. Some may sign up with no chance nor intention to actually win. Actually they are going to give up when they will run out of energy and then celebrate they made it to the half marathon. They may want to run very fast at the beginning in order to reach the 1st km at the 1st place, and then run ot of breath. But yes, at least they are expecting to RUN. If you're goingto walk or dance or to ride motorcycle, you should either be not allowed, or be disencouraged.
In my opinion, the worst thing about alliance and the thing, is not players who play without a real intention to win. The worst thing is players who carry alliances or wars from a game to another one. This makes in-game alliances virtually locked: you're not going to stab anyone if you know you'll be a renegade in next matches. This makes game much more boring.
monamipierrot
Co-Admin of GT01, GT10-Hex.

Re: Problems with alliances[& probably some other civ proble

Postby morphles » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:05 pm

The worst thing is players who carry alliances or wars from a game to another one.

So far I seem to not have seen that, but yes that is nasty as hell, and such sick fucks should be banned :P

Let's see this as a Marathon. Some may sign up with no chance nor intention to actually win. Actually they are going to give up when they will run out of energy and then celebrate they made it to the half marathon. They may want to run very fast at the beginning in order to reach the 1st km at the 1st place, and then run ot of breath. But yes, at least they are expecting to RUN. If you're goingto walk or dance or to ride motorcycle, you should either be not allowed, or be disencouraged.

Well I decline your proposition of accepting this as marathon :). Yes, I get the point and the reality, but it still discourages me from playing quite strongly. As such players introduce quite significant random factor for everyone else. Though I'm starting to think that games with multiple players, and even more with diplomacy will have very big luck factor. Which is why I would like to see team game, two team game to be precise, top-vs-bottom style.

I also still stand very very strongly behind my points of additional, (relatively)quick(as opposed to hundreds of turns to eradicate everyone or research everything to build spaceship) win condition, which in reality would not be likely to happen, but should give game a kick to move differently. Though... with loads of random factors game might end up ending much sooner than expected. But with timescales involved, maybe it is better...
morphles
Co-Admin of GT10-Hexmap

Previous

Return to General discussion