Accounts e-mail HP

How to sort out a temporary leave?

Anything about Greatturn in general, not related to a specific match.

How to sort out a temporary leave?

Postby Corbeau » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:02 pm

I saw a discussion was going on about this, but I didn't see any fixed conclusion. Suppose a player knows is going to be offline for a few days. What happens? Can someone take over his civilization during his leave?

Suppose he is currently at war so that "he can let it idle for those few days" is not an option?

(Note: the question is theoretical, for now ;) )
Corbeau

Re: How to sort out a temporary leave?

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:10 pm

Hello.

You may want to look into the commands /detach, /take and /away. I not at all an expert (At least not now), but they do what they names indicate except /away, than puts your user under control from AI.

Regards.

Postby ifaesfu » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:36 am

Guest wrote:Hello.

You may want to look into the commands /detach, /take and /away. I not at all an expert (At least not now), but they do what they names indicate except /away, than puts your user under control from AI.

Regards.

Corbeau was talking about Greatturn, which is different to the regular freeciv servers. You can't get any nation in a Greatturn server just typying in /take. The first thing you need to play is to introduce a password.
As there isn't a delegation system through the web, maybe Davide can manually allow a player to control another nation. I don't know if it has happened yet. There is another way, but it is a very bad one, using password sharing.
ifaesfu

Postby Corbeau » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:28 am

Actually, I wasn't asking about the technicalities. Giving your password is fine by me, you simply change it when you return and that's it. I was asking about how acceptable is this, because I found a discussion on the forum about is it fair to give your nation to an ally or should it be someone neutral. I see no problem with giving it to an ally (it would be most obvious anyway), but some people expressed their disagreement with this.
Corbeau

Postby morphles » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:17 am

There are some delegation methods, in gt8 XYZ controller el_perdedor for quite some time as he was on vacation. So you can ask them or Davide about that :)
morphles
Co-Admin of GT10-Hexmap

Return to General discussion