Accounts e-mail HP

Greatturn growth rate

Anything about Greatturn in general, not related to a specific match.

Re: Greatturn growth rate

Postby Major Nimrod » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:21 pm

Nice :mrgreen:
"Big Brother is watching you" - George Orwell
"Shh! I'm Hunting Wabbits" - Elmer Fudd
"What a Nimrod" - Bugs Bunny

NIMMY
Major Nimrod
Contributor & Co-Admin

Postby morphles » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:40 pm

So you dug up my post :D Maybe tried some LG to?

To be fair I did not expect much responses there, but nethere does it seem that much trafic has been brought here.

Forum registration didn't move at all, dunno about general site registrations.

Though it seems this last day forum often has more guest users online than usual, but maybe I'm just seeing things, also I'm kinda biased after advertising :)
morphles
Co-Admin of GT10-Hexmap

Postby Davide » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:05 pm

Lol :lol:
Maybe we may even benefit from a one-time dissemination of perfidious spam thru the web :twisted:
However my point is not if can get an egg today in place of a hen tomorrow - that is, "spam" (or "benevolent promotion thru the web" :P ) is mostly a one-time expendable bonus which after some time ceases to bring new people in. Rather, I'm trying to understand - and ultimately fix - what's wrong with GT and LT that prevents the community from being self-expanding, just like in any successful online project.
Davide

Postby morphles » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:58 pm

Well just wanted to say that I managed to drag a bit more discussion in Little golem forum, will try to keep it visible on front page for some time ;) Though to be fair their comunity is not too large too, it seems there are like 2000 players and some of them might be quite inactive, plus some of them are bots. Still hopefully someone will come eventually :)
morphles
Co-Admin of GT10-Hexmap

Postby XYZ » Fri May 16, 2014 1:41 pm

Are we hitting a new low? It went so well the last couple of weeks and since a week again besides a spam attack, nothing... Not even my post here http://sleague.civfanatics.com/index.php/Main_Page is helping.
XYZ
Contributor & Co-Admin

Postby morphles » Fri May 16, 2014 1:58 pm

Yeah rate numbers seem abysmal if they are real. Maybe there some bug crept in code and it simply misreports numbers? I'm not talking about forum, but forums is not that relevant cause only the minority of players visit and register on it, I'm talking about graphs on main page, which is round zero for quite some days.
morphles
Co-Admin of GT10-Hexmap

Postby Davide » Fri May 16, 2014 2:18 pm

The chart on Greatturn homepage is correct. We are at zero growth after a web link on the Wikipedia's Freeciv article got removed under the external links policy. The date of the drop-to-zero coincides with the date of the link removal. Beside, the webserver has registered a proportionate drop of incoming users coming from Wikipedia.
Davide

Postby morphles » Fri May 16, 2014 2:29 pm

Oh man thats sad. We should come up with similarly good places to places similar link. Maybe it would be possible to convince Freeciv people to have gt link on Freeciv's homepage (that way we could get wiki->freeciv->gt route, though it would drop more people than straight wiki->gt, OTOH it might be offset by the fact that people who visit only Freeciv page would see it)? For balance it might include both GT and LT.
morphles
Co-Admin of GT10-Hexmap

Postby XYZ » Fri May 16, 2014 3:51 pm

German computer magazin chip.de reports almost annually about freeicv and the developement -unfortunately not about greatturn. Maybe activating your national magazin could help. Also some linkage from freeciv for android where already more than 100'000 downloaded the game could bring us some new people.
XYZ
Contributor & Co-Admin

Previous

Return to General discussion