Accounts e-mail HP

FreeCiv Android Crashing System on Load Game

Ask here about any kind of problem, or help with your experience!

FreeCiv Android Crashing System on Load Game

Postby gilbertovelasquezjr » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:38 pm

Greetings all,

First, my apologies as a n00b because I have not been active on any forum, anywhere, for some time, so I feel out of sorts on here.

However, I love this game - and I mean LOVE. So I had to post this to see if anyone has a solution.

Everything was fine up until the latest update. It crashes my phone completely on Load Game. New Game works great - I can play, save, and exit.

However, when hitting Load Game, the system crashes completely. First, I have to close Freeciv (assuming I can do that) and failing that, I have to power off the device but cannot do that for about twenty minutes. When I say the phone crashes, I mean to the point that after hitting Load Game, no matter how long I wait, no buttons work (Sony Xperia LT) and when it does come up, I have to be watching for the opportune moment to hold down the Power button for it to shut the phone down.

When I boot the phone back up, it works fine. And again, I can operate Freeciv only as a New Game and I can even save it, but once again, any attempt to Load Game causes the above. I have attempted Uninstall / Reinstall. This was to no avail.

If anyone knows what I can do, please let me know.
gilbertovelasquezjr

Re: FreeCiv Android Crashing System on Load Game

Postby gilbertovelasquezjr » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:58 pm

Is there perhaps another forum I need to post on?
gilbertovelasquezjr

Postby Davide » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:41 pm

Perhaps Freeciv for Android has some known and unfixed bugs.
Zielmicha (the developer) comes here from time to time to check bug reports. Meanwhile, do you have a file named more.log? If so, I'd upload it here.
Davide

Postby gilbertovelasquezjr » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:40 pm

Davide wrote:Perhaps Freeciv for Android has some known and unfixed bugs.
Zielmicha (the developer) comes here from time to time to check bug reports. Meanwhile, do you have a file named more.log? If so, I'd upload it here.

I can check for it - been out of the country for work. But I shall look for it tonight.
gilbertovelasquezjr

Postby Davide » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:28 pm

That file is usually a must when troubleshooting for bugs. However Zielmicha is the only man to know something technical about Freeciv for Android, so you can either wait and hope for an answer from his own mouth, or rather send him an email via the forum so to cross his noosphere :D
Davide

Return to Get help