Accounts e-mail HP

problem with irrigation improvement

Ask here about any kind of problem, or help with your experience!

problem with irrigation improvement

Postby PsychoHam » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:50 pm

Info first: playing on htc one s, latest possible android version for this phone.

The problem: after reading in the game manual irrigation is supposed to increase food output on grassland and plains by one. I have tried this multiple times and on multiple tiles, but it doesn't seem to be working. I don't get any increased food output from those tiles. Building a road increases trade output just fine, and mines seem to be working. Just thought i'd report this bug.
PsychoHam

Re: problem with irrigation improvement

Postby PsychoHam » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:52 pm

Oh and by the way: on plains if they have an improvement, like wheat, irrigation does increase output by 1, haven't tested it on improvements for grassland though
PsychoHam

Postby morphles » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:17 pm

I guess your are on despotism. Despotism incurs tile output penalty, any tile producing more than 2 of anything
(food, prod, gold) will suffer -1 penalty. Normaly grassland produce 2 food, you irigate it's up to 3, but due to penalty city
can still only use 2. You need to changes government (and reaserch it first). This is all in wiki I believe.
morphles
Co-Admin of GT10-Hexmap

Postby still PsychoHam » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:18 am

Ooooh now i remember why i always went for a new government first! I haven't played civ 2 for maybe 15years so my memory of it is a little blurred. I will try this :p
still PsychoHam

Postby ifaesfu » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:49 pm

Irrigation should add 1 unit of food on plains regardless the goverment and the tile has a resource or not.
ifaesfu

Return to Get help