Accounts e-mail HP

Under new mangement

New releases, projects, multiplayer games, etc.

Re: Under new mangement

Postby Corbeau » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:41 am

Actually, after everything I came up with, I think that ending the game on a fixed turn is the worst option... As for which turn that would be, doesn't matter, really. Depends on what kind of game you'd want. Like I said, I'm fine with 2000, but it's obviously too long for some people.
Corbeau

Postby Corbeau » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:16 pm

Basically, each number for the end turn will dictate a different game. What all of them will have in common is the wild rush starting before the end, in order to get a better position on the list. This is why I'd like the end date to be only approximately known.
Corbeau

Postby Corbeau » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:14 am

Seriously, why not simply start a server, give ten days for people to connect via client (with password), in the meantime discuss options here and just let it out?
Corbeau

Postby thegrime » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:32 pm

We're moving closer to having GT back up and running. I've found a replacement virtualization platform and setup the first machine last night. Initially I'll bring up the open freeciv servers. Once those are up and running, I'll bring up a GT instance. Initially, I think, registration will be by hand for this GT game. A select group to test that all is working correctly.

After that, GT website code verification/porting, then open up a game for the general public.
--= the Grime =--

That is all.
thegrime

Postby Corbeau » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:28 pm

*all four thumbs up*
Corbeau

Postby Corbeau » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:29 pm

*drums his fingers*
Corbeau

Postby thegrime » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:31 am

*wiggles toes*

Story of my life -- too much to do, too many other interests. I feel like I'm doing this site a great disservice.
--= the Grime =--

That is all.
thegrime

Postby Corbeau » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:46 am

Dude, make it insultingly simple: start a server, settings with passwords, give out URL and port, begin :)

Copy ruleset from GT09, end of story. Don't bother with the map, simply get the best available, period.

Ok, maybe reduce caravan income by half :)

I know at least of two people who, when I told them a new game was starting, fist asked "GT or LT". When I said LT, they said "never again". So there is some target audience :)
Corbeau

Postby wieder » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:56 pm

""When I said LT, they said "never again."

I'm sorry to hear that. It would be interesting to know what was the problem for them? Or what were the biggest problems. One thing is probably that there are new players and old players playing the same game and this naturally makes the game easier for the old players. However as long as this is a game with military units, those players with less focus on military may face some issues when the competitive players start taking over the world.

We tried to make the latest game more interesting for the newcomers. No tech trading, islands map and there are lots of documented changes on the forum. Let's see how that will work out. Since I'm almost shameless, there would be one replacement slot left for LT34 since some players have not joined the game in time. We are probably replacing them in few hours or but still worth asking if anyone would be interested. It's currently T3.

If it's the deception that's making people to dislike LT, I really have to give the next GT game a try and see how it works there :SS
wieder

Postby Corbeau » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:08 pm

What do you mean by "deception"?

As for those two friends, they explained thoroughly what was the problem, but I'd like to sit on it for a while. It's their personal account that doesn't have to apply to everybody. Indeed, it's a rough world out there and, as long as everybody gets a fair chance, nobody has the right to be angry. What needs to be decided is does everybody really get a fair chance. So I'd like to spend some more time looking around before making any final judgements. Can't say the game's been unfair to me so far, at least its human section.

BTW, why not register at this forum?
Corbeau

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements