Accounts e-mail HP

Quickstart variant

Join us, meet players from all around the world, challenge the strongest top players, practice and be one of them!

Quickstart variant

Postby Corbeau » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:39 pm

Start with five (or more) settlers, five (or more) workers, at least three explorers, a number of warriors, and a starting set of technologies, half or more from the first column. Basically, since the start is the slowest and the most boring part of the game, how about speeding it up?

This is a discussion starter; what would be the downsides to it, benefits, abuses, dangers?
Corbeau

Re: Quickstart variant

Postby Major Nimrod » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:48 pm

I love it ! We'd need a big map (lots of tiles per player) with a good min city distance (4?) and perhaps a low dispersion (1?).
"Big Brother is watching you" - George Orwell
"Shh! I'm Hunting Wabbits" - Elmer Fudd
"What a Nimrod" - Bugs Bunny

NIMMY
Major Nimrod
Contributor & Co-Admin

Postby Corbeau » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:04 am

Why city min distance 4? What's with you, people? Why limit such things? I thought that two population for a settler is a good anti-smallpox measure?
Corbeau

Postby Major Nimrod » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:09 pm

Sorry, I wasn't trying to limit smallpoxing. If anything, I'm a smallpoxer myself. No I was thinking about cities with a radius that's larger than the normal size (like in LT33). Otherwise, yes you're right it would be pointless.
"Big Brother is watching you" - George Orwell
"Shh! I'm Hunting Wabbits" - Elmer Fudd
"What a Nimrod" - Bugs Bunny

NIMMY
Major Nimrod
Contributor & Co-Admin

Postby Corbeau » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:00 pm

Ok then. Only, I asked this twice and still didn't get a reply: do you know how to increase city radius?

But regardless of city radius, sometimes it happens that there is a hole betwen cities that I want to fill up with something small, so...
Corbeau

Postby morphles » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:44 am

Well here I seem to agree with Corb, city min dist sucks, it sucks big time. anything beyong 2 is majorly retarded. You can't build city vecause of city you can even see? Real fun times. I would advocate city min dist 0 ;P. As for smallpoxing, it is laready severly limited (I think to the level of "shame"), so I'd say deal with it.

As for city radius, you need to edit ruleset, it's quite simple, impacts of that are harder to quantify. I experimented with all kinds of stuff in rulesets, city radius was one of them. So if anyone needs any help on that, I can conlust/edit ruleset.
morphles
Co-Admin of GT10-Hexmap

Return to Multiplayer / Online gaming