Accounts e-mail HP

Join us, meet players from all around the world, challenge the strongest top players, practice and be one of them!

Postby Heathcliffe » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:28 am

I just registered and started up with FreeCiv... I've played CivII-V single player and wanted to get into some multiplayer games, but I see that the only game starting up is already closed. :(

What do? Is there another multiplayer host I should investigate?
Heathcliffe

Re: New Member

Postby ifaesfu » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:03 pm

The closed game has turns whose length will be around 23 hours. It's a "special" game. But you can play at any time in the metaserver http://meta.freeciv.org/metaserver.phtml
You only have to open a freeciv client, click on "Connect to a network game", then "Internet Metaserver" and you'll find the servers which are compatible with your current version of freeciv. The players who usually play in the metaserver use freeciv 2.3.x and we mostly play in freeciv-debian server.
I hope to see you there.
ifaesfu

Postby Heathcliffe » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:34 pm

Thanks for the quick reply!

I'll simply have to redouble my efforts then. Or get some of my friends to join in as well...
Heathcliffe

Postby Davide » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Hi Heathcliffe, you don't need to redouble any efforts :)
Regular servers don't require you to register: you just enter, wait for enough people, and play right away.
If you are interested in having daylong turns, your registration to greatturn is still valid. A new GT match could start up at mid February. See you!
Davide

Return to Multiplayer / Online gaming