Accounts e-mail HP

Timeout: 82800?

a Voyage in men's Utopia

Re: Timeout: 82800?

Postby Major Nimrod » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:32 pm

Which is exactly why I'd rather not play with those "pro" players. Why bother playing with someone who hasn't the moral fortitude to play a "fair" game without exploiting it?
"Big Brother is watching you" - George Orwell
"Shh! I'm Hunting Wabbits" - Elmer Fudd
"What a Nimrod" - Bugs Bunny

NIMMY
Major Nimrod
Contributor & Co-Admin

Re: Timeout: 82800?

Postby monamipierrot » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:06 pm

Major Nimrod wrote:Which is exactly why I'd rather not play with those "pro" players. Why bother playing with someone who hasn't the moral fortitude to play a "fair" game without exploiting it?

I also don't like much Longturn attitude. However I think common "unfair" practices should not regarded as cheat. The problem is that the line between the good and the dark sides of playing is very often quite dim. Normally you wouldn't have some behaviour because it doesn't make the difference and you think it is just "ugly", then it comes the turn which can change the History and you suspect the "other" exploited the same aspect of the game so you feel in urge to do the same. And and and...
In my opinion everything could be solved just with a less "performance-driven" attitude (typical of Longturn.org) and more of a "fun-driven" one (greatturn?) i.e. you play to win because it is fun, nothing more.
For this reason I don't like the 4 hours limits: I assume that someone who plays 23 hours/day will do it because it is fun, not to cheat and destroy the enemy with unfair practices.
monamipierrot
Co-Admin of GT01, GT10-Hex.

Previous

Return to GT09