GT09 is based on a GT-modified version of the Civ2Civ3 ruleset by Bardo. This ruleset was originally written to balance the game, making it more difficoult exponential growth of cities. Many different settings of the game have been modified (e.g. government, wonders, tech, movement, defense bonuses... and as said, city growth). We strongly encourage you to take some 10 minutes to read the README of the original Civ2Civ3 ruleset in http://greatturn.org/rulesets/index.php?a=viewblob&p=GT09&h=a328d7d762accd82a7052c2a7918727702cb90e3&hb=ca103e517f53d9ac3ad92158113bad927bdce722&f=README.ruleset_civ2civ3 before reading actual mods and the few differences we applied to GT09.
BASE RULESET (IN A GLANCE)
No time to read the Cin2Civ3 README right now? Read it later, and meanwhile remember that:
- TERRAIN: prod, food, trade and defense, as well as city tile bonuses, have been changed, resulting in a more even distribution of resources and chances in placement of cities (e.g. advantages of place cities on hills are fewer than before). The city tile bonuses now can't be wasted so, e.g. it is ok to build on a grassland special. You can't build cities on Mountains. Units on mountains have more vision.
- GROWTH: City growth is somewhat linear, and much faster than before for BIG cities. Reduced Granary bonus, but it is FREE till size 4.
- MOVEMENT: Movement along rivers with triremes. [No x3 bonus for land units on river - THIS HAS BEEN REVERTED FOR GT09, SO x3 BONUS IS ON]. Units starting turn on a mountain will have -1 mp.
- GOVERNMENT: Governments have been largely modified, making them more even (there will be no more hurry for Republic/Democracy. There are 3 new government: Tribal (availble since the beginning), Fundamentalist (good for war), Federation (suitable for large empires).
- WONDERS: Few more wonders, and some of the old ones have been modified
GT09 (OR GREATTURN) SPECIFIC DIFF WITH CIV2CIV3
- 10HOURS MOVEMENT DELAY: you can't move one unit after less than 10 hours since its (last turn) movement. This to prevent TC (turn change) double moves.
- 4HOURS CONNECION LIMIT: the maximum time (sum of all connexion session) for each player in each turn is of FOUR hours.
- RIVERS Reverted bonus movement on river (now it is on) [along with keeping trireme special ability to navigate throu rivers]
- CITYMINDISTANCE is now 2. This means that you can't place a city NEXT to another one but closer than Civ2Civ3. Smallpox is already discouraged by ruleset settings
- SETTLER COST 2 populations.
- ATTACKER movement. When attacking, the successfull attacked automatically move on the attacked tile [TO BE CONFIRMED] (edit by Davide: confirmed)
- TRENCH before FORTRESS. To build a fortress you need to build a trench before. Fortress claims its tile once occupied.
- EARLY ATTACK FROM SEA. Now all units can attack directly from sea (as Marines always did) [PLEASE CONFIRM] (edit by Davide: not confirmed - only legion, musketeers, rifleman and marines can attack from sea)
- MOVEMENT/VISION. Now is respectively x2 and x1 [PLEASE CONFIRM CAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS NOT LIKE THIS FOR ME] (edit by Davide: confirmed)
- EMBASSY BEFORE MEETING. You can't meet other leaders before estabilishing at least one embassy
- FOGGED BORDERS. To see changes in borders you actually have to SEE that land. (Meanwhile client may show OUTDATED borders)
- REDUCED ONE-TIME BONUS FOR tRADE ROUTES. Now the $/bulbs instant bonus is reduced to 1/16. Persistent bonus is untouched.
- WORLD. GT09 has a manually chosen continental terran world with 30% land, fractal features, and less jungles in equatorial areas. Only Davide knows it!
- OTHER.... [Please help me adding diffs!]