Accounts e-mail HP

README (Settings of GT09)

a Voyage in men's Utopia

README (Settings of GT09)

Postby monamipierrot » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:26 am

I will post here and keep order of all info regarding GT09 settings/ruleset. I ask ALL players/administrators to help me suggesting or adding new info and check for errors. I will update this post, while everybody can keep posting (by replying) their ideas.

BASE RULESET
GT09 is based on a GT-modified version of the Civ2Civ3 ruleset by Bardo. This ruleset was originally written to balance the game, making it more difficoult exponential growth of cities. Many different settings of the game have been modified (e.g. government, wonders, tech, movement, defense bonuses... and as said, city growth). We strongly encourage you to take some 10 minutes to read the README of the original Civ2Civ3 ruleset in http://greatturn.org/rulesets/index.php?a=viewblob&p=GT09&h=a328d7d762accd82a7052c2a7918727702cb90e3&hb=ca103e517f53d9ac3ad92158113bad927bdce722&f=README.ruleset_civ2civ3 before reading actual mods and the few differences we applied to GT09.

BASE RULESET (IN A GLANCE)
No time to read the Cin2Civ3 README right now? Read it later, and meanwhile remember that:
  • TERRAIN: prod, food, trade and defense, as well as city tile bonuses, have been changed, resulting in a more even distribution of resources and chances in placement of cities (e.g. advantages of place cities on hills are fewer than before). The city tile bonuses now can't be wasted so, e.g. it is ok to build on a grassland special. You can't build cities on Mountains. Units on mountains have more vision.
  • GROWTH: City growth is somewhat linear, and much faster than before for BIG cities. Reduced Granary bonus, but it is FREE till size 4.
  • MOVEMENT: Movement along rivers with triremes. [No x3 bonus for land units on river - THIS HAS BEEN REVERTED FOR GT09, SO x3 BONUS IS ON]. Units starting turn on a mountain will have -1 mp.
  • GOVERNMENT: Governments have been largely modified, making them more even (there will be no more hurry for Republic/Democracy. There are 3 new government: Tribal (availble since the beginning), Fundamentalist (good for war), Federation (suitable for large empires).
  • WONDERS: Few more wonders, and some of the old ones have been modified
  • OTHER:

GT09 (OR GREATTURN) SPECIFIC DIFF WITH CIV2CIV3
  • 10HOURS MOVEMENT DELAY: you can't move one unit after less than 10 hours since its (last turn) movement. This to prevent TC (turn change) double moves.
  • 4HOURS CONNECION LIMIT: the maximum time (sum of all connexion session) for each player in each turn is of FOUR hours.
  • RIVERS Reverted bonus movement on river (now it is on) [along with keeping trireme special ability to navigate throu rivers]
  • CITYMINDISTANCE is now 2. This means that you can't place a city NEXT to another one but closer than Civ2Civ3. Smallpox is already discouraged by ruleset settings
  • SETTLER COST 2 populations.
  • ATTACKER movement. When attacking, the successfull attacked automatically move on the attacked tile [TO BE CONFIRMED] (edit by Davide: confirmed)
  • TRENCH before FORTRESS. To build a fortress you need to build a trench before. Fortress claims its tile once occupied.
  • EARLY ATTACK FROM SEA. Now all units can attack directly from sea (as Marines always did) [PLEASE CONFIRM] (edit by Davide: not confirmed - only legion, musketeers, rifleman and marines can attack from sea)
  • MOVEMENT/VISION. Now is respectively x2 and x1 [PLEASE CONFIRM CAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS NOT LIKE THIS FOR ME] (edit by Davide: confirmed)
  • EMBASSY BEFORE MEETING. You can't meet other leaders before estabilishing at least one embassy
  • FOGGED BORDERS. To see changes in borders you actually have to SEE that land. (Meanwhile client may show OUTDATED borders)
  • REDUCED ONE-TIME BONUS FOR tRADE ROUTES. Now the $/bulbs instant bonus is reduced to 1/16. Persistent bonus is untouched.
  • WORLD. GT09 has a manually chosen continental terran world with 30% land, fractal features, and less jungles in equatorial areas. Only Davide knows it!
  • OTHER.... [Please help me adding diffs!]
Last edited by Davide on Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Tagged with "confirm" & "negate"
monamipierrot
Co-Admin of GT01, GT10-Hex.

Re: README (Settings of GT09)

Postby XYZ » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:34 am

Thanks! :D
XYZ
Contributor & Co-Admin

Postby thegrime » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:37 pm

Marine ability (Attack from sea), is only available with Legioneers, Muskteers, and Marines in the civ2civ3 ruleset.
--= the Grime =--

That is all.
thegrime

Postby monamipierrot » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:49 pm

thegrime wrote:Marine ability (Attack from sea), is only available with Legioneers, Muskteers, and Marines in the civ2civ3 ruleset.

there have been a poll about marine ability, but it is not clear to which units it applies
monamipierrot

Postby Corbeau » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:56 pm

Ok, I'm going through the basic ruleset and I have a few questions.

First, the city/granary/settler table:
Code: Select all
GOVERNMENTS:

Anarch   Tribal   Despot   Monarc   Fundam   Republ   Democr   Federat  Commun

(...)
Base Corruption   0%       30%      20%      10%      15%      25%      5%       0%       30%
Corrup by Dist *  1        1        1        1        1        1        1        0        0
Base Waste        30%      0%       10%      20%      15%      5%       25%      30%      0%
Waste by Dist **  1        1        1        1        1        1        1        0        0

- What excactly does "1" mean in Corruption/Waste by Distance row? I'm assuming it doesn't mean that a city 5 tiles away from the capital produces 5 shields less?

- Is migration enabled here or not? I see that Migrants are regular units, but there are some unchecked boxes in settings menu

- Someone mentioned that Wonders are now available to all civilizations (not only one per world), but I can't find it in any part of the ruleset. Did I get something wrong?
Corbeau

Postby monamipierrot » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:03 pm

- What excactly does "1" mean in Corruption/Waste by Distance row? I'm assuming it doesn't mean that a city 5 tiles away from the capital produces 5 shields less?
I think it is just a multiplier. 0= no corr/waste, 2=the double than normal. This is still about eh part that is to be ADDED to the standard corr/waste, and it depends on distance from capital.

- Is migration enabled here or not? I see that Migrants are regular units, but there are some unchecked boxes in settings menu
I think it IS enabled.

- Someone mentioned that Wonders are now available to all civilizations (not only one per world), but I can't find it in any part of the ruleset. Did I get something wrong?
Mmmm, I think you're wrong. AFAIK There are no Small wonders (wonders that can be builded one per nation) in this ruleset
monamipierrot

Postby Corbeau » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:09 pm

Slightly offtopic, but not completely. I'd like to test this ruleset (and also check this civ2civ3 because I've never played it) in a single-player vs. AI offline game. However, like I said, I have zero experience with setting up *anything* here... Is there a code file somewhere that I can download and, when I do, how exactly do I start the game using it?

Sorry for being n00bish...
Corbeau

Postby monamipierrot » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:31 pm

Corbeau wrote:Slightly offtopic, but not completely. I'd like to test this ruleset (and also check this civ2civ3 because I've never played it) in a single-player vs. AI offline game. However, like I said, I have zero experience with setting up *anything* here... Is there a code file somewhere that I can download and, when I do, how exactly do I start the game using it?

Sorry for being n00bish...

EDITED: last link was incorrect.
download http://greatturn.org/rulesets/?a=archive&p=GT09&h=30b90352b29c8be1cef9b72587d1aef926e4846e&t=zip, install in new directory "gt09" in directory data of your Freeciv installation (Wndows), then copy the file civ1civ2.serv and rename it to gt09.serv - Inside it, with an editor, you have to change it's pointing to directory "gt09".
monamipierrot

Postby Corbeau » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:37 pm

Hm... Do you have a non-executable file? I'm at work, setup is asking for admin privileges which I don't have.
Corbeau

Postby monamipierrot » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:45 pm

Corbeau wrote:Hm... Do you have a non-executable file? I'm at work, setup is asking for admin privileges which I don't have.

?
This is not executable. With "install" I mean "copy the whole content" of the zip file
monamipierrot

Next

Return to GT09