Accounts e-mail HP

Disable "allied victory"

Disable "allied players can win together"

Poll ended at Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:46 am

Yes, (let the bloodfest, backstabing, etc. begin! :) )
91%
No, I need my friends!
9%

Total votes : 11

Disable "allied victory"

Postby morphles » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:46 am

Since it seems some players are against alliances, or the power of them or whatever.
I would like to see how game without allied victory plays out, as eventually all aliances would need to break apart.
morphles
Co-Admin of GT10-Hexmap

Re: Disable "allied victory"

Postby BeckettTheIncompeten » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:10 pm

Although, I am not a fan of backstabbing after reading the previous topic this seems to be the easiest and most effect option to limit big long lasting alliances.
BeckettTheIncompeten

Postby Gavran » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:59 pm

The thing is, you don't come out only as a "winner" or "loser". You come out with a score you compare to other people so I'm not sure what this "alliance victory" means to anyone. In the end, we all di(n)e alone ;)
Gavran

Postby ifaesfu » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:48 pm

I think it won't change anything about the formation of big alliances and their effects, but I haven't played any game this way. Maybe I'm wrong... :?
Anyway, tech sharing is so powerful that you are obliged to be part of an alliance and if it's possible, the biggest one.
ifaesfu

Postby morphles » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:21 pm

Well that might not change much, however if you'r all alone and thus "small fry" peoply might wonder if it's worth engaging you even with alliance as then someone from alliance, who is big already, might become even larger and thus threaten everyone else. Or it might promote tech sharing outside of alliance just to make sure that even if someone is an ally that he wouldn't be able to quickly use his weight against you. Most likely diplomacy will be very very important.
morphles
Co-Admin of GT10-Hexmap

Postby Davide » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:28 pm

Outcome: Allied victory disabled.
Davide

Postby morphles » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:26 pm

Very nice :)
I would also guess that such setting improves communism and monarchy at least somethat (as you might need to do swith stabs on "allies" that have grown too large and senate will make that very problematic), which is very good in my view as, at least in default ruleset, republic and democracy gets what I would call cheesey bonuses, especially rapture, though no corruption for democracy is also cheesy as hell, and though I have nothing agains democracy living in one, no corruption in it is a joke(I know of no country without corruption) :). Not that civ is necessarily a accurate simulation.

Looking forward to this game, random map and no allie victory should be cool as hell.
morphles
Co-Admin of GT10-Hexmap

Return to Polls