Poll ended at Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:51 pm

Favorable
78%
Contrary
22%

Total votes : 9

Re: Meetings only after you make an embassy

Postby morphles » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:07 pm

Oh nimrod how I agree with you on this one :)

I said previously that alliances tech and other trade are part of Civ games and only Civ games its in 4x and strategy games in general. So most of those the purposed things seem silly. One thing that I agree is that one time trade bonus is not good. If you end up only building caravans and looking where to route them, well I see it as kinda devolution of game and as unfavorable increase in ammount of micromanagement.

Though I do not see no contact before embasy as the same. I see it as option to give more use to dimplomats and one mor place where to spend resources. Which all seems to be good. But as I said I do not want to see it in this game. Another note regarding new players, this will most likely bite them as they will be unable to appreaciate the diplomats and effort of establishing contact (otoh chat might make all of this moot...). Other than that I'd love try this setting, just not in this game/now.
morphles
Co-Admin of GT10-Hexmap

Postby ifaesfu » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:08 am

Both of you are missing a point: you can ally with whoever you want to. You can trade gold, plan simultaneous attacks, help to defend your ally...
This setting only delays the trading part of an alliance. Other proposed settings, as techloss and disable trade routes, don't destroy alliances; they just decrease their power.
You could still form huge alliances and wipe out the rest, don't worry. It seems you like to do it more easily.
ifaesfu

Postby morphles » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:17 am

Oh to be fair I do not know why this discussion crept in here. Embassy for contact is not one of those ideas of your's I do not like :) As I said it's nice and makes diplomats way more usefull, which is good. As I said I simply do not wan't that at this game, but I'm also not too terribly opposed to it and if people wote for it I'll have little problem.

Also: anyone else thinks that it's stupid that you loose diplomat for investigating the city? I find this... very suboptimal.
morphles
Co-Admin of GT10-Hexmap

Postby monamipierrot » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:05 pm

morphles wrote:Also: anyone else thinks that it's stupid that you loose diplomat for investigating the city? I find this... very suboptimal.

When I didn't spend lot of resources on builing and using diplomats and other units for intelligence purposes, I used to lose.
Intelligence is vital. I now use dozens of diplos to check what's happening in both war and peace.
monamipierrot
Co-Admin of GT01, GT10-Hex.

Postby Davide » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:13 pm

Poll outcome: contactturns set to 0.
Davide

Previous

Return to Polls