Poll ended at Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:12 am

Hexes
50%
Squares
50%

Total votes : 10

Re: Hexes?

Postby morphles » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:27 am

ifaesfu wrote: I know pro players use trident tileset, but I have tried some times to use it... but I don't distinguish the cities, the units nor the terrain. It isn't just a matter of beauty. In fact, I'm sure I lose a lot of units when there is a RTS action in the regular games of the metaserver, as trident tileset is faster than amplio one.

What you mean distinguish? From what? between nations? Change options, disable flags and set solid color tile below units/cities. I use it, but for other reason, on pi freeciv is a bit slow so I disabled drawing flags for performance. But maybe that's not what you meant. RTS is silly mode for freeciv :) but this is silly digression. What you'r saying about "speed" however makes no sense IMO, cause timings are configurable in client options. There is unit movement duartion, map centering duration and combat animation duration. Increase those and you'r problems should go away, I think. Also freeciv has plenty of interesting and useful options everyone should theck them out ;)
morphles
Co-Admin of GT10-Hexmap

Postby Davide » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:31 pm

Outcome: Square topology.

We will have one of the GT10-series of matches dedicated to a hex setup.
Davide

Postby ifaesfu » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:55 pm

I've already changed those settings. It can seem silly and have no sense, but it is like that, play and try.
ifaesfu

Previous

Return to Polls