Accounts e-mail HP

Impressions

Ferdi's Hearth of Darkness African scenario

Impressions

Postby XYZ » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:22 am

Corbeau already started. Drop a quick impression and begin your history book! Maybe in a distant future I'm going to create another scenario... :D
XYZ
Contributor & Co-Admin

Re: Impressions

Postby Major Nimrod » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:54 pm

Africa: Heart of Darkness

(map is not revealed)

Lots of exploring to do (along with building, trading, fighting, etc..) ;)
"Big Brother is watching you" - George Orwell
"Shh! I'm Hunting Wabbits" - Elmer Fudd
"What a Nimrod" - Bugs Bunny

NIMMY
Major Nimrod
Contributor & Co-Admin

Postby Major Nimrod » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:53 pm

I'd have to say that there are a lot of problems so far with the scenario.

For example, I am playing a civ which is devoid of a capital city. Which means no Palace. Which means that, under certain (if not all) governments, many calculations for waste or corruption are broken. My current government is Communism (I don't mind sharing that with everyone). However, all of my cities are in *negative growth*... which makes no sense because there are plenty of worked tiles around each city. If anything, they should be growing like gangbusters. But instead, they are all in negative territory for food production. That makes no sense at all.

Also, during revolution (3 turns), many of my units were disbanded. Now that may be because too many units were being supported for the number of cities/population... but right now I've got far fewer units and still suffering major wastage and corruption. It makes no sense. I can only surmise that the lack of a Palace is the cause. Unless someone has another explanation?

What other weird behaviors are everyone else experiencing these days?

NIMMY
Major Nimrod
Contributor & Co-Admin

Postby Corbeau » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:37 pm

Yeah, started a revolution myself, ended with half of my army being disbanded. Also, the research, production and growth potential is pathetic or at zero. I foresee many decades without any kind of progress. For me, the game seems dead. (Although, that may be the consequence of having a D-class nation; any A-players willing to share their perspective?)
Corbeau

Postby Corbeau » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:20 pm

Huh, I just switched to Communism and the result is a disaster: all my cities are wasting *all* produced food which, as a result, means I'll lose all of them in 3-4 turns. For example, one is producing 11 food and all is going to waste. Is this how it's supposed to be? All my cities are within 9 tile from each other.
Corbeau

Postby Major Nimrod » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:54 pm

Corbeau wrote:Huh, I just switched to Communism and the result is a disaster: all my cities are wasting *all* produced food which, as a result, means I'll lose all of them in 3-4 turns. For example, one is producing 11 food and all is going to waste. Is this how it's supposed to be? All my cities are within 9 tile from each other.

Yes, that looks exactly like what I've got going on as well with my nation. This cannot be by design. I've played many a game of civ2civ3 ruleset offline, and never had this type of behaviour under communism!

Question to you, Corbeau: do you have a palace in any of your cities? This might explain it.

By the way, here's a screenshot of a brand new city I built this turn.

New city.jpg

Doesn't make sense, does it? Negative growth, brand new city? wtf ?

NIMMY
Major Nimrod
Contributor & Co-Admin

Postby Corbeau » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:14 pm

No palace. And by the looks of it, there won't be any :D
Corbeau

Postby XYZ » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:38 pm

You could kindly ask Davide if he is willing to build you both a palace? Maybe some cash recompensation?
XYZ
Contributor & Co-Admin

Postby XYZ » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:09 pm

Ok, together with Davide I built a palace for Nimrod and Corbeau. We also added el_perdedor as leader of the Welsh.
XYZ
Contributor & Co-Admin

Postby Major Nimrod » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:26 pm

Cool. Thx.

Anyone else not have a Palace? That might be good for them, too (especially if they don't realize it, but are befuddled as to why things are so weird right now).

Finally, Morph made a new poll on GT10-Hex to remove the "Waste" setting. This might be a setting worth taking out of this one as well (see my screenshot above for the amount of "waste" on a brand-new city).

NIMMY
Major Nimrod
Contributor & Co-Admin

Next

Return to GT10-Africa