Accounts e-mail HP

Border bug

Ferdi's Hearth of Darkness African scenario

Border bug

Postby XYZ » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:53 am

What's wrong with the borders. They simply don't recalculate. They can only be "pusehed" away with a city or completely vanish if a nation is being wiped out. Even forts seem to have problems. I took over two forts but I simply can't get them into my posession. Even got an artillery disbanded because of that... :evil:
XYZ
Contributor & Co-Admin

Re: Border bug

Postby Major Nimrod » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:38 pm

Yes, there is something amiss. My explorers have discovered several British tiles with former British cities nearby (Welsh, Scottish). However, there are no British forts nearby to explain why the borders remain British. If recalculation had taken place, then the tiles would have become either Welsh, or Scottish, or unclaimed territory. Hmmm.
"Big Brother is watching you" - George Orwell
"Shh! I'm Hunting Wabbits" - Elmer Fudd
"What a Nimrod" - Bugs Bunny

NIMMY
Major Nimrod
Contributor & Co-Admin

Postby Davide » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:57 pm

If I'm not wrong, I believe all borders are recalculated by each change of turn, other than by in-turn events.
Has a TC already occurred? If a TC didn't fix the problem, then probably we spotted a bug, which should be reported upstream at freeciv.org.
In case debugging will be required, I can privately hand the savefiles to whoever takes the charge of debugging.
Davide

Postby XYZ » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:31 pm

TC was long ago... Def. a bug then.
XYZ
Contributor & Co-Admin

Return to GT10-Africa