Accounts e-mail HP

New player

A hex-based game organized by Morphles

New player

Postby marioxcc » Thu May 01, 2014 4:10 pm

Hello.

I'd like to participate in a classic game, namely, than it uses the default ruleset or one with small modifications and there's otherwise little deviation from the standard settings. I'm fine playing with an hexagonal map.

It has been suggested in other thread than I could be given a place in this game. I haven't been able to find a real summary of the settings of G10-hexmap, so I'm not completely sure than it's what I'm looking for, though I'm not demanding; it's just than the role-play, proprietary game theme and high deviation from default ruleset in G11 is too much deviation from what I'm used for, and a proprietary-game-themed Freeciv game is definitely not for me.

Would it be possible to include me in G10-Hexmap?. If so, it would be nice if you could tell me the settings so than I could confirm my intention to participate in order to avoid disrupting the game (I know than it's already in the first few turns) if it's not something than I want to play.

Note: I'm a beginner but I have carefully read the manual and I'm looking forward to learn new strategies. I play online daily. Suggestions are welcome.

Regards.
marioxcc

Re: New player

Postby vidlius » Thu May 01, 2014 5:09 pm

This is my first online game, the changes aren't too extreme to adapt to. It uses civ2/civ3 ruleset, minus a couple of things like occupychance. While in the game, the help menus show information on the ruleset that's being used, so it is easy to adapt to while in game.

Two important things from the start are:
Units have double movement
Settlers cost 2 population, not one.

This little file shows some useful info:
Attachments
civ2civ3 rules.txt
(35.5 KiB) Downloaded 259 times
vidlius

Postby marioxcc » Thu May 01, 2014 10:56 pm

I see, thanks. :). Could you please add me to the game?.

Regards.
marioxcc

Postby marioxcc » Fri May 02, 2014 5:26 pm

Bump.
marioxcc

Postby morphles » Fri May 02, 2014 6:46 pm

Only Davide can do that, he is super admin of GT. Game admins, like me for gt10 hex, do not have such powers, as we can even see the map (that of course would be unfair), so try contacting Davide directly.
morphles
Co-Admin of GT10-Hexmap

Postby marioxcc » Fri May 02, 2014 10:49 pm

Thanks. I just sent him a private message.
marioxcc

Postby monamipierrot » Mon May 05, 2014 8:20 pm

You missed 6 turns but this game is huge, thus they are not THAT big time lost: I think that be spawned with a couple more workers could be more than enough a compensation for you. Also, to relieve a unseen idler nation could be a good idea.
monamipierrot
Co-Admin of GT01, GT10-Hex.

Postby Corbeau » Tue May 06, 2014 10:04 am

I see that four players haven't logged in since turn 0 or 1. However, even if a new player is given such an existing nation, I'd also be in favour of giving him an extra worker AND explorer, just to be able to catch up.
Corbeau

Return to GT10-Hexmap