Accounts e-mail HP

Genral discussion about game setup

A hex-based game organized by Morphles

Re: Genral discussion about game setup

Postby morphles » Mon May 05, 2014 3:36 pm

First I do not think I can do that (I can only postpone single turn; now that I think of it it might do....), second I do not think I agree with that at all ;) Its mostly easier to find 3 small chunks of time than one big, at least for me. I actually was not happy when gt8 and gt9 were synced. Open vote for that, if you get at least 10 votes, and >=50% agree I'll try to sync them.
morphles
Co-Admin of GT10-Hexmap

Postby BeckettTheIncompeten » Mon May 05, 2014 6:25 pm

Oh, really? So you would rather keep track of three different countdowns than just one? That is my problem, I have a really bad memory and can barely keep track of one timer as it is.

As for chunks of time, I don't really take it all in one big chunk even when the turn changes are the same. Majority of the time being there on the turn change isn't necessary. So I just remember when the turn ends so I can move before that and not miss a turn.

But I guess it seems that I am in the minority and it's probably my fault anyways for getting myself into so many games...
BeckettTheIncompeten

Postby Corbeau » Mon May 05, 2014 7:11 pm

Actually, having them in sync is the logical solution. Like the bloody French... I mean, Beckett said, you don't have to do it in one go. I know I don't. You can, but you don't have to. So I don't really see any reason not to do it.

If it is going to be done, maybe not postpone the next turn 12 hours, but instead, set the next 12 turns to be either 22 or 24 hours so that it catches up slowly and we don't have another big wait? :) Just a thought, to make things interesting :)
Corbeau

Postby monamipierrot » Mon May 05, 2014 8:26 pm

I agree with Morphles:
1. you really don't have to be there on TC, unless you want to do some nasty trick to the enemy ;)
2. If the servers were synced, you could only see TC in ONE of them... unless you use multiple instance of the client (and I'm not sure you can) or you use more PCs connected at once. In any case, very impractical!
3. For the above reasons, I think that if only one or two players don't agree, they would be totally right and we shouldn't be allowed to change the sync. You can't change sensible things on the run, even with 99% majority.
monamipierrot
Co-Admin of GT01, GT10-Hex.

Postby morphles » Mon May 05, 2014 9:39 pm

Becket you are giving up too easily, that I disagree does not mean that you are in a minority. I do not find it logical in any way, thats mostly personal preference. But as I said if there are votes with results I outlined, I'll change it.

@monamy:
1. yeah I agree this is mostly for trick plays or sometimes you just need that extra timing to help you save your sorry ass.
2. You can have many clients running, at least on linux there is no problem with that.
3. As I said on this point there isn't much sense ether way, its mostly preferences. I don't agree with requested change, but if there are enough people, what can you do, better not to be an ass on such trivial matters.
morphles
Co-Admin of GT10-Hexmap

Postby Corbeau » Tue May 06, 2014 8:22 am

monamipierrot wrote:I agree with Morphles:
1. you really don't have to be there on TC, unless you want to do some nasty trick to the enemy ;)

What does this have to do with the topic?

2. If the servers were synced, you could only see TC in ONE of them... unless you use multiple instance of the client (and I'm not sure you can) or you use more PCs connected at once. In any case, very impractical!

Same question. With the addition that I don't understand what you are actually trying to say at all.

3. For the above reasons, I think that if only one or two players don't agree, they would be totally right and we shouldn't be allowed to change the sync. You can't change sensible things on the run, even with 99% majority.

How else do you change turn sync if not "on the run"?
Corbeau

Postby Corbeau » Tue May 06, 2014 8:23 am

BTW, this is "Genral discussion about game setup". How about moving this particular topic discussion to the poll thread?
Corbeau

Postby monamipierrot » Tue May 06, 2014 2:04 pm

Corbeau wrote:
monamipierrot wrote:I agree with Morphles:

What does this have to do with the topic?

I don't see which other reason for one may want TCs to be synced. Explain me please.

Same question. With the addition that I don't understand what you are actually trying to say at all.

See above

How else do you change turn sync if not "on the run"?

Before games start?
monamipierrot

Postby Corbeau » Tue May 06, 2014 2:25 pm

Er... What?
Corbeau

Postby monamipierrot » Tue May 06, 2014 2:33 pm

I don't think we are talking about the same thing.
Your idea is to sync TCs of some games in order to have them more or less at the same time a day, correct?
I think it is a bad idea, for the above reasons.
monamipierrot

PreviousNext

Return to GT10-Hexmap