Various topics about the game, the website, or anything else Freeciv related that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Since aproximately the begginning of May, it happened that ALL civland/greatturn automatic email notificiations in my Gmail box began to be marked as Spam.
This could be a issue of Gmail Spam policies (it happened something similar with regular newsletters on another Gmail account of mine) but it could be a problem of Civland site itself.
- check if something is wrong with email system
- assume that gmail acounts (a big portion of Greatturn users, am I wrong?) couldn't receive last notifications as it happened to me, so resend the emergency ones and use pop-up windows to communicate to the connected clients.
- Co-Admin of GT01, GT10-Hex.
- Posts: 444
- Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:43 pm
- Location: Barcelona, Spain
There was a problem with the SPF record in DNS caused by website name change from freeciv-mundi.org. Already fixed yesterday.
It should be natural that if someone finds his match offline for days he should check the forum for news. Anyway I'll resend all red emails to players.
- Posts: 864
- Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:34 am
Received mine in Gmail this morning
"Big Brother is watching you" - George Orwell
"Shh! I'm Hunting Wabbits" - Elmer Fudd
"What a Nimrod" - Bugs Bunny
- Contributor & Co-Admin
- Posts: 505
- Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:24 pm
- Location: Montreal, Canada
Return to General discussion
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest