ifaesfu wrote:Oh! I'd forget about city trading. There are lots of "tricks" that can be done with this setting enabled and they are specially annonying.
morphles wrote:Sadly there is currently no unit trading (nor is currently planned even up to 2.6), so forget that. City trading is huge ass can of worms, I would not condone it, unless wonders are disabled.
monamipierrot wrote:Will never repeat enough time I'm a for this:
- NO TECH exchange/stealing/conquering (ALL tech have to be researched)
To disallow Tech exchange without disallowing stealing and conquering altogether is not only useless, it is also BAD cause it forces everybody to find their way to share tech by allowing allies to steal or conquer.
As far as I can remember nobody tried this radical feature so far. I think the main reason is that we think that interchanging tech is appealing,
could add lot to diplomacy complexity,
and helps keeping small allies in pace with other players.
Reasons for KEEPING tech exchange:
- realism (if you don't mind the rocketry "issue")
- diplos and spies are more important cause they can steal or prevent stealing
- sometimes to conquer a tech may be a priceless tactical goal, no matter if the enemy will take back the city in the same turn.
- as a result, less advanced and isolated players will be more aggressive, trying to steal what they can't produce on their own, and maybe making things harder for the most developed.
- simple general specialization in alliances: "scientists" will use the brain and will let the other use the muscles (along with the latest gear provided by scientists). I would call it the "Q. vs. 007 relationship".
- smarter tech traders will be very happy (as I have been in GT01)
I already wrote many times why tech_lose doens't make sense.
monamipierrot wrote:Seriously, I really can't understand why there are still some players defending it and at the same time NOT defending no-tech-tradin/stealing/conquering.
I may have miss something. What?
That setting doesn't work that way. It's only a percentage that you lose of all the points needed to get a new tech. I have to say that I haven't tested this feature and even I don't really understand it.Corbeau wrote: setting chance to conquer tech to <50% makes tech sharing not too profitable
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests